Designed to prepare socially responsible leaders who can use the tools of business to make a positive difference in the world.
Our uniqueness stems from the distinct strengths of both our program design and our faculty.
Acknowledging that sustainable organizations result from ethical and socially responsible leadership, ecologically sustainable business practices, and a global mindset, our program offers an integrative approach that infuses ethical leadership, sustainability, and globalization throughout the curriculum.
A college degree will prepare you to achieve your immediate personal and professional goals and also prepare you to grow and adapt as a person and as a professional across the arc of your life and career. The foundational courses–part of a broader Liberal Arts education, will prepare you to be flexible professionals and lifelong learners, while our concentrations allow you to tailor your experience to fulfill your immediate goals and interests.
- Small class sizes and personalized attention
- Faculty of experienced scholars and practitioners
- Flexible curriculum that supports students’ interests
- Excellent internship opportunities
- Business study abroad programs
- Community service opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Our workshops, clubs, and leadership lecture series broaden your learning and are geared toward ensuring your professional success.
- With the intention of tapping businesses that resonate with students and expand on their learning, placement is also determined through reflection on the student’s challenge areas and where growth will be most beneficial. Internships for academic credit integrate academic and career interests with hands-on work experience.
- Professional development is thoroughly examined in the curriculum taught throughout Business Communications and Exploring the World of Business. These courses provide the tools needed in searching for a profession, as well as the reflection and assessment needed to find a career that resonates with your life.
We are here to help you develop essential career-planning skills. We guide you in self-awareness, career exploration, internship experience, and job search preparation through individual counseling, career programs, and provide avenues for connection with employers and alumni.
We prepare you for success by providing practical support, skills training and self-assessment tools to ensure you are on the best career path for you.
A benefit of our small class sizes is that our faculty really get to know you, your strengths and weaknesses, and your goals. Our faculty maintain strong ties in the Bay Area business community and have had tremendous success placing students with companies and organizations that work to bridge classroom learning and real-world application.
Recent internship opportunities include:
Autodesk, Avani Media, AXA Advisors, Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), Bio Marin, CBS Radio, Charles Schwab, Deloitte, Golden Gate State Warriors, Kaiser Permanente, KPMG, LinkedIn, Marin Wealth Advisers, Merrill Lynch, Moss Adams, Nordstrom, Oakland A’s, Oakland Raiders, San Rafael Chamber of Commerce, San Rafael City Hall, Sonoma-Marin Area Rapid Transit, Wells Fargo, West America Bank