- Business Communication & Critical Thinking
Academic & Professional Accomplishments
- PhD, Business Administration, The University of Illinois, 1999
- MBA, Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, The University of Illinois, 1994
- BA, Hospitality Business, Michigan State University, 1976
Positions Held/Visiting Positions
- Professor and Faculty Athletic Representative, Barowsky School of Business, Dominican University of California, 2002-Present
- Visiting Professor, Nagoya University of Business and Commerce, Japan, 2004-Present
- Director, Client & Product Services, Human Synergistics/Center for Applied Research, 2001-2002
- Course Director/Adjunct Faculty, Executive MBA & China MBA Programs, The University of Illinois. 1993-2002
- Visiting Professor, ESCEM School of Business and Management, France, 2001
- Associate Professor, Associate Dean and Founding Faculty, Davenport University, 1998-2001
- Assistant Professor, Graduate Program in Health Systems Management, Rush University, 1995-1998
- Adjunct Faculty, Strategic Managerial Communications, The Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, 1995-1998
- Project Manager, Health Care Financing Administration, Rush University, 1994-1995
- Instructor, College of Business Administration, The University of Illinois, 1993-1995
- Regional Marketing Director, Marriott Corporation, 1987-1991
Selected Papers & Publications
- Bal, A., Weidner, K, Leeds, C., Raaka, B., Getting Real About Suicide Prevention in the Classroom and Beyond: Using a Classroom Simulation to Create Communications for At-Risk Individuals, Journal of Marketing Education, Vol. 38(2), 2016, pp 90-97.
- Weidner, K., Bal, A., Rains, S. Leeds, C., Tattooing and Brand Sponsorship: How Far is too Far? Journal of Product and Brand Management, 25/4, 2016, pp 387-393.
- Whalen, J. D., Leeds, C., et.al, My Favorite Assignment: Selections from the 2015 ABC Annual Convention, Sell Your Product!, Seattle, Washington, Business and Professional Communication Quarterly, Volume 79, Number 3, September 2016.
- Whalen, J. D., Anderson, K., Hartege, T., Leeds, C., Pandy, A., Lowman, J.A., et.al., (2014) My Favorite Assignment: Selections from the 2013 ABC Annual Convention, Our First Trip to India: What You Need to Know About India’s Business Culture, New Orleans, Louisiana, Business and Professional Communication Quarterly 2014, Vol. 77(2) 217–23.
- Massoud, J.A., Leeds, C., (2013) The portable solar oven and the challenges of ecopreneurism in Argentina, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, VOL 3, NO 8, 1-18.
- Whalen, J. D., Crenshaw, C., Davis, B.D., Grinoles, A.B., Leeds, C., et.al. (2013) My Favorite Assignment: Selections from the 2012 ABC Annual Convention, The Bank of Columbus Communication Survey Report, Honolulu, Hawaii, Business Communication Quarterly 76(3) 361–384.
- Leeds, C., Achieving MBA writing objectives through the use of one, comprehensive case study, The Association of Business Communications Annual Convention, Honolulu, Hawaii, October 2012.
- Leeds, C., My favorite assignment: the Bank of Columbus Open-up Report, The Association of Business Communications Annual Convention, Honolulu, Hawaii, October 2012.
Honors & Awards
- DUC/SBL Outstanding Teaching Award, 2012
- UIC Managerial Studies Award for Outstanding Teaching, 1999