Academic & Professional Accomplishments
- PhD, International Communism and International Relations with Minor in Comparative Politics, East/ West, The Catholic University of America
- MA, International Communism and International Relations with Minor in Political Philosophy, The Catholic University of America
- BA, Political Science with Minor in French and French Literature, Marymount College
Positions Held/Visiting Positions
- Dean, Emerita, School of Business and International Studies; Advisor to the President, Sarlo Distinguished Professor, Barowsky School of Business, Dominican University of California, 1999-Present
- Dean, School of Business and International Studies, Dominican College of San Rafael, 1995-1998
- Director, Graduate Program in Pacific Basin Studies, Dominican College of San Rafael, 1986-1995
- Director, Dominican College of San Rafael at Oxford Program, 1986-1995
- Director, Undergraduate International Studies Program, Dominican College of San Rafael 1981-1995
- Director, Humanities Program, Dominican College of San Rafael, 1980-1982
- Chair, Department of Political Science, Dominican College of San Rafael, 1977-1980
- Associate Professor of Political Science, Dominican College of San Rafael, 1976-1980
- Marketing Research Supervisor, Campbell Soup Account Batton, Barton, Durstine & Osborne, New York, 1974-1975
- Assistant Professor of Political Science, Marymount University, 1967-1974
Selected Papers & Publications
- PUBLICATIONS IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS:
- “Synchronizing U.S. States’ Strategic Plan to Increase Exports to Emerging Markets,” submitted and presented at the International Business and Economy Conference, January 6-9, 2016, in Nurtingen, Germany. Co-authored with Dr. Denise Lucy and Dr. Jayati Ghosh.
- “California’s Contribution to the U.S. Export Profile,” presented at the Western Business and Management on April 25-26, 2014 in San Francisco, California. Co-authored authored with Dr. Denise Lucy and Dr. Jayati Ghosh.
- “Exploring the World of Business: Pairing Domain Business Knowledge with Professional Development,” presented at the International Journal of Arts and Sciences (UAS) International Conference for Academic Disciplines on May 20-23, 2013 in Toronto, Canada. Co-authored with Dr. Denise Lucy, Dr. Mona Sabuco and Lisa Chiappetti.
- “Exploring the World of Business: Discovering, Building, Developing and Launching Your Business Career,”presented at the Western Business & Management International Research Conference for the Management Disciplines, April 6, 2013 in San Francisco, co-authored with Dr. Denise Lucy, Dr. Mona Sabuco and Lisa Chiappetti.
Honors & Awards
- Francoise O. Lepage Achievement in Global Education Award, 2016
- Sister Mary Aquinas Nimitz, O.P. Award, 2010
- Marin Women’s Hall of Fame, 2007
- Pacific Basin Studies Alumni Appreciation Award, 2001
- Sarlo Distinguished Professor of the Year Award, 1998
- Distinguished Citizen Award, Marin Cultural Center, 1993
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Marymount University, 1993
- Japan Foundation Short-Visit Fellowship, Tokyo, Japan, 1991