- Strategic Management
- Strategic Management
- MBA Capstone
Academic & Professional Accomplishments
- PhD, Business Administration, New Mexico State University, 2010
- MBA, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2005
- MS, Environmental Science, Miami University, 2002
- BS, Biology, Boston College, 1998
Positions Held/Visiting Positions
- Associate Professor of Strategic Management, Barowsky School of Business, Dominican University of California, 2016-Present
- Assistant Professor of Strategic Management, Dominican University of California, 2011-Present
- Assistant Professor of Management, School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University, 2010-2011
- Instructor of Business, School of Business, Pacific Lutheran University, 2009-2010
- Environmental Management Officer and Director, Ysleta del Sur Pueblo, Texas, 2001-2005
Selected Papers & Publications
- Huang, Y., Coelho, V. R., Massoud, J., Briski, S., Toepel, A., & Silva, M. (2014). A mathematical decision-making procedure to assist in the development of sustainability plans based on the STARS framework. Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, 5(3), 292-312.
- Massoud, J. A., & Leeds, C., (2013). xCRUZA's portable solar cooker: eco-entrepreneurism challenges in Argentina, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 3(8), 1-18.
- Daily, B. F., Bishop, J. W., & Massoud, J. A. (2012). The role of training and empowerment in environmental performance: A study of the Mexican maquiladora industry. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 32(5), 631-647.
- BOOK CHAPTERS:
- Boje, D. M., & Massoud, J. A. (2013). Chapter 7: Determining Environmental Values: Storytelling at BP. In J. Appleton (Ed.), Values in Sustainable Development (pp. 68-77). New York, NY: Routledge.
- CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS:
- Massoud, J. & Daily, B. (2016). “SME Social Responsibility in Argentina: Stakeholder Priorities and Perceived Organizational Benefits.” Presented at European Academy of Management Annual Conference. Paris, France: EURAM
- Massoud, J., & Daily, B. (2015). “How SMEs overcome barriers to CSR implementation: Examples from Argentina.” Presented at Western Academy of Management Annual Conference. Kauai, HI: WAM.
- Leeds, C., Massoud, J., Weidner, K., & Bal, A. (2015). “Root Pouch: Changing the way the world grows plants.” Co-Presented at Western Casewriters Association Annual Conference. Kauai, HI: WCA.
- Massoud, J., Daily, B., Willi, A., & Weisinger, J. (2013). “Big lessons from small business: Insights on social responsibility from Argentina.” Presented at XII International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: SRRNet.
- Massoud, J. A., & Boje, D. M. (2012). “An intertextual analysis: BP – Prudhoe Bay disaster in retrospect.” Presented at Western Academy of Management Annual Conference. La Jolla, CA: WAM.
- Massoud, J. A., & Leeds, C. (2012). “The portable solar oven and the challenges of ecopreneurism in Argentina.” Presented at Western Casewriters Association Annual Conference. La Jolla, CA: WCA.
Honors & Awards
- Barowsky School of Business Outstanding Research Award, 2013-2014
- Barowsky School of Business Outstanding Service Award, 2015-2016
- Doctoral Student Outstanding Teaching Award, NMSU Department of Management, 2006-2007